QuickBooks Payroll is a software that helps employers easily manage payroll tasks. The software reduces the amount of paperwork you have to complete since most of the payroll tax form can be filled and submitted online itself. QuickBooks Payroll helps you to run your business more efficiently since you can automatically calculate employee paycheck and process those payments online. This article will help you get started with the basics of QuickBooks Payroll but if you want additional information you can also call the QuickBooks customer care number and speak to a certified professional.
Steps to setup QuickBooks Payroll
- Step 1: Login to QuickBooks and from the Home Screen go to the Employees tab located in the sidebar menu.
- Step 2: On the main page of the ‘Employees’ click the option that reads “Get started with payroll.”
- Step 3: Answer the questions to help QuickBooks understand your payroll requirement. The first question is related to the W-4 forms.
- Step 4: You can confirm your answers by clicking the radio buttons beside the questions and then click ‘Continue’ to complete the payroll information.
- Step 5: Select the ‘Add Employee’ option on the left and enter your employee’s first and last name, and M.I in the field provided.
- Step 6: Select ‘Enter W-4 form’ and enter the tax withholding information for the employee along with the address, SSN, and marital status.
- Step 7: Answer the questions related to the payments made to your employee and click the ‘Enter Your Pay Schedule’ below the question.
- Step 8: Select a pay interval from the drop-down menu beneath the question asking you to confirm how often you process payments
- Step 9: Enter the amount you pay your employee and add any relevant employee deductions such as healthcare, retirement plans and so on.
- Step 10: Select how you want to pay your employee, i.e., a Paper check or with Direct deposit and click OK at the bottom of the screen when you’re done.
Steps to run QuickBooks Payroll
After you add all your employees, you will need to add a few more details in the Run Payroll Module, and then you can approve your first payroll. You can refer to the steps below to run QuickBooks Payroll:
- Step 1: Enter the relevant payroll details, such as how many overtime hours the employee worked, how may regular hours and so forth.
- Step 2: Click the Preview payroll option in the bottom right of the screen and review all the details.
- Step 3: If the information displayed in the preview is authentic you can go ahead and click the ‘Submit Payroll’ button at the end of the screen.
- Step 4: Use the ‘Print pay stubs’ option to select the printing options for the paycheck you created.
- Step 5: Enter the check number in the text box labeled “Check Number” and click ‘Finish payroll.’
If you have any trouble completing the payroll steps you can call the QuickBooks customer support number and ask for additional help. QuickBooks software experts are available 24 hours a day and will give you the best solution to fix any Payroll related error.