If you are looking to run your business like a well-oiled machine, you need to make sure you’re the programs, and software you use are up-to-date. However, there are times when you may find it difficult to update and run QuickBooks because of issues with the internet settings. Since the program uses Internet Explorer to access the internet and download the updates, you need to make sure you are using the correct network settings. When there is an error connecting to the internet or if there is a problem updating the software, you will see an error message that reads ‘Error Code 12007.’ You can call the QuickBooks customer service number and consult a trained software expert to find out exactly what you need do to resolve the issue. You can also go through the steps mentioned below to change your browser settings so that QuickBooks can connect to the internet.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 12007
The main reason why QuickBooks displays ‘Error Code 12007’ is that there is a problem with the Internet Explorer settings. Any discrepancy in the settings can sometimes create issues while downloading updates. You can follow the steps given below to review your Internet Explorer settings and fix Error 12007:
Once you verify that all the Internet Explorer settings are in place, you can close the browser and reboot your computer. Once the system is back online, you can reopen QuickBooks Desktop and check if you can complete the required updates. In case you still find it difficult to update the software, you can call QuickBooks technical support number and ask for help. Some other program or software may be preventing QuickBooks from downloading the updates. Professional software experts and technicians are available 24 hours a day to give you advanced solutions to fix Error Code 12007 so that you can continue using QuickBooks.
- Step 1: Close the QuickBooks Desktop program and open Internet Explorer.
- Step 2: Press Alt and go to the ‘Tools’ section and select ‘Internet Options.’
- Step 3: Open the Security tab and click on the Globe icon
- Step 4: See that the security level is set to a Medium-high level.
- Step 5: If you do not use the dial-up node select ‘Never Dial a Connection’.
- Step 6: Alternately, if you use dial-up node, select the correct ISP.
- Step 7: Open the LAN settings and select the automatically detect option.
- Step 8: Check whether ‘Use a Proxy Server’ checkbox is clear.
- Step 9: Click ‘Restore Advanced Settings’ and locate ‘Use TLS 1.2.’ to make sure it is selected.