QuickBooks Error code 6073 is the error that is related to not opening the company file. If you, too, are witnessing the same mistake while working on your QuickBooks software, then you need to resolve this issue quickly. Either you can take the help of this blog to solve the error, or you can call QuickBooks customer support number to fix the problem at hand.
What Cause QuickBooks Error 6073 to Occur?
If you think, what are the reasons for the occurrence of error 6073 in QuickBooks? Then read the below-mentioned points:
- The company file is open in Single User Mode on another computer.
- The company file is located on the network folder in the read-only mode.
- The company file is saved on the Linux server and has more than one set of login credentials to get access to the shared folder.
- You are accessing the company fie through remote accessing software and at the same time, the host computer is still logged in.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Error 6073
1. Use QuickBooks File Doctor
You can even try to download and then install the QuickBooks File Doctor on your system to resolve the error code 6073.
- Go the official website of the QuickBooks website and then search the tool File Doctor.
- You have to download the setup file of the QuickBooks File Doctor and then install it.
- Once installed, you can run this tool for scanning and fixing the error.
2. Manually Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 6073
The company file is open in another workstation in Single User Mode
- You first need to close the QuickBooks software that is opened in all the computers.
- Now open the file on the host computer.
- Click on File and then switch to Multi-User Mode by choosing the correct option.
- It would help if you restarted all the workstation once you changed the setting.
Open company file on the Host computer in the Single User Mode
- Go to File > Close the company file
- Open the company file again and then go to File> Open Company
- Select the company file, and then choose the option of Multi-User Mode.
If the company file is stored in Read-only Network Folder
- In the host computer, find the folder where the company file is saved.
- Go to the Properties of the folder and click on the Security Tab.
- Now you need to choose which users are having an issue in logging into the QuickBooks and then click on Edit.
- You have to tick on the option of 'Allow' for the full control of a particular user.
Even after executing these steps, if error code 6073 persists, then you need to call QuickBooks customer care number that stays available 24*7 round the clock to assist their users. The team of customer care has certified and experienced professionals who will make sure to remove the error altogether from the roots itself.