Maintaining the balanced sheets manually and keeping the tax returns intact and on time can be a difficult task to do. But why make it fuss when you have the best accounting software in the market. QuickBooks, a software that manages all your company’s finances, is being favoured by millions in today’s world. It creates balance sheets for all your sales and expenses, and helps you in filing your tax returns on time. Though its features are unmatchable, there’s no software that works without a glitch. While working on QuickBooks, you might also face a few errors, one of which is QuickBooks Error 1904. This error might occur when the company’s files are corrupted or damaged, or while upgrading the operating system from one version to another. In order to overcome this issue, you can either refer to the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps or simply get in touch with the expert techies at QuickBooks customer support Number. They are there to assist you with all your queries, as they are well trained and qualified for the same.
Method 1: Run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- Click on the ‘ignore’ tab on the error message pop-up and let the QuickBooks installation complete.
- While the installation is happening, DO NOT OPEN the QuickBooks software.
- Now, restart the computer.
- If the installation is not completed, then download and run the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Simply restart the system and check if the problem is resolved. If not, then follow the next method.
Method 2: Activate the Built-In or Hidden Administrator
Activate the Built-In Administrator
- Go on the ‘Windows’ screen by clicking on your keyboard.
- Choose the ‘Run as Administration’ and type in the “CMD/Command Prompt/ cmd.exe” in the search bar.
- A command window will pop-up, enter the “net user administrator/active: yes” and hit the ‘Enter’ tab.
Switch to the Built-In Administrator Account
- Simply press ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ at one go on your keyboard and then choose the ‘Switch User Window 8 users’, hit the ‘Windows’ button and select the user icon.
- Now, press ‘Ctrl+Alt+Del’ simultaneously and choose the ‘Default Administrator Account’ icon.
Hide the Built-In Administrator Account
- Go to ‘Windows’ and type ‘CMD’ in the search box.
- Now, press right-click on the ‘CMD/Command Prompt/cmd.exe” and choose the ‘Run Administrator’ tab.
- A screen will pop-up, type “net user administrator/active: no” and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
In case you face the glitch even after following the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, then it is recommended to take the help of the professionals You can get on call at QuickBooks tech support number with expert techies and get your query resolved within seconds.