When you are planning to export a QuickBooks Company File from Desktop to QuickBooks Online, you don’t need to worry about any damage done to the file. It will only copy and paste the Company file to the QuickBooks Online version. Before exporting the file if you have any pending payroll or taxes task, perform the functions before and then begin the export process. To understand the procedure, follow the steps shared below. You can try to either execute the process manually or have a word with the experts at QuickBooks customer support number.
Procedure for exporting the company file from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
- Open QuickBooks Desktop by clicking on the icon.
- On the home page, click on ‘Menu’ from the taskbar and see whether an option of ‘Export Company File’ is available.
- If it is not, then click on ‘Help’ and click on ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- This needs to be done to install all the latest software updates. If you are working on an older version of QuickBooks, the updates might take a little more time to download.
- Exit out of the software after downloading the updates
- Again, click on the Desktop icon and launch QuickBooks software
- Click on the pop-up window, which asks you to ‘Install Updates.’
- Further, click on ‘Menu’ and then click on the option of ‘Export the company file to QuickBooks Online.’
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online account if you have one. (If you don’t have the same, then create one first)
- It can take some time to export the company file depending upon the amount of data it contains.
- Check for an email after QuickBooks finishes exporting the file.
- Click on ‘Continue to account setup’ and sign in to the account.
- Run the reports for profit and loss, balance sheet, and more in both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online for comparison. This indicates whether the data transfer was done successfully or not.
Compare the charts. If the reports on both the QuickBooks version match accordingly, then the data transfer happened successfully. If not, then there lies some error. To troubleshoot the same, take guidance from the technical experts at QuickBooks technical support number.