Financial data is one of the most important aspects of any business because there are may be a lot of cash coming in and you need to keep checking different deposits to make sure everything in order. QuickBooks is a really helpful accounting software because it allows you to keep track of all your finances, including the deposits and withdrawals you make for your business. If you want your business to run smoothly then you need to ensure the features you use to track deposits in QuickBooks works properly. In case you notice any discrepancy in financial data related to deposits and withdrawals you should call the QuickBooks Support Number and ask for help. If the error is minor you can go through this blog to learn how to delete a deposit in QuickBooks so that you can carry on with your work without any interruption.
Steps to Delete a Recorded Deposit in QuickBooks
QuickBooks has a range of features that allows you to access all your financial data at the click of a button. Users must note that they can easily review important data, including information about deposits through the ‘Banking’ option in QuickBooks. Here’s what you need to do to double-check your financial data and then delete a recorded deposit in case there is an error:
In case you use the Undeposited Funds account then the payment will be automatically deleted if you remove the deposit. There are times when users are unable edit transactions using the ‘Banking’ option and hence cannot delete the deposit. If you are faced with this type of issue then you can follow the steps below to manually delete the deposit:
- Step 1: Open your QuickBooks accounting software and log in.
- Step 2: Click on the ‘Menu’ option and then go to the Banking section.
- Step 3: Select the blue tile for the bank account you need to check.
- Step 4: Click on the Reviewed tab and look for the deposit you need.
- Step 5: Select the blue transaction link in the Added or Matched column.
- Step 6: Double check the matched transaction and see if there is an error.
- Step 7: Select Undo from the Action column to delete the deposit.
In case you encounter any error while delete the necessary financial information or if you have any trouble completing the steps mentioned above you can call the QuickBooks customer support number and speak to an expert to fix the problem. Qualified software technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you troubleshoot any error connected to your QuickBooks accounting software.
- Step 1: Open QuickBooks and click on ‘Record Deposits’ in the homepage
- Step 2: Click the ‘Cancel’ option once the Payments Deposit window opens.
- Step 3: Select ‘Previous’ and review the list of transactions and deposits.
- Step 4: Look for the deposit or payment that you need to delete.
- Step 5: Click the ‘Edit’ option and select ‘Delete Deposit’ to complete the process.