Since QuickBooks deals with a lot of accounting data and financial information about your business, it is easy to see why data security is of prime importance. In order to ensure your data is secure while using QuickBooks on Internet Explorer, you need to see that you are using the correct SSL settings. The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) allows QuickBooks to connect with the internet via a secure connection. If there is a problem with the SLL settings, you will encounter errors on QuickBooks, such as Error 17337. Before you call the QuickBooks customer care number, it may be a good idea to refer to the solution mentioned below to try and fix the problem on your own. The solution mentioned below will help you fix Error 17337 while using Internet Explorer.
Solution to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 17337
Since Error 17337 is caused because of issues with the SSL settings, the best way to resolve the issue is to configure the correct Internet Explorer settings on your computer. Before you attempt to change the settings you need to make sure you update Internet Explorer so that you are using the latest version. Once you update the browser you can refer to the steps below to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 17337:
- Step 1: Open Internet Explorer and select the ‘Tools’ option.
- Step 2: Go to the Internet Options and click the ‘General’ tab.
- Step 3: Select ‘Temporary Internet Files’ and press ‘Delete.’
- Step 4: Note: You do not need to delete the website cookies.
- Step 5: Open the ‘Connections’ tab and go to ‘Lan Settings.’
- Step 6: Select the checkbox that reads ‘Automatically Detect Settings.’
- Step 7: Ensure that the Proxy servers are blank and press ‘Ok.’
- Step 8: Click the ‘Advanced’ tab and scroll down to the SSL settings.
- Step 9: Mark the SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 options and clear the publisher's certificate box.
Once you make the necessary changes to the SSL, you need to make sure the ‘TLS 1.2’ box is checked. However, keep in mind that the ‘TLS 1.0’ and ‘TLS 1.1’ checkboxes must remain clear. If you find that Payroll Error 17337 persists even after you followed the steps mentioned above, you can call the QuickBooks customer support number and ask for assistance. Professional software experts are available to offer your 24 hours quality customer service to ensure you resolve any QuickBooks error that may affect your accounting work.